[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Compiling CERN httpd with static libs on Sol 2.4

Hi.

Has anyone successfully compiled the CERN httpd release to use
static libs?  I'm using gcc on Solaris 2.4.  The -Bstatic isn't
understood by gcc, but -static should be, if the man pages are
right.  But it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone been down this road before?

While I'm at it, does anyone have a wrapper to open up port 80
(on a Unix machine) and then allow the use of setuid(nobody) on
the daemon?  We've been living through the overhead of inetd
to "solve" this problem.  The problem being that we don't want
to trust the httpd code to do the setuid--we want to do it ourselves.
I imagine it would be fairly simple to steal the relevant part of
the inetd code, but if something is already out there...

Thanks,

dorian

Follow-Ups: References: